Project brief: Advancing Gender Equality and Women's Leadership in Political and Business Life Project
This project brief presents a short description of the Advancing Gender Equality and Women's Leadership in Political and Business Life Project implemented by UN Women Turkey with the financial support of Sweden through the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.
The project's overall objective is to advance women’s leadership and participation in decision-making in Turkey by focusing on key stakeholders and actors in the fields of politics and the private sector.
More specifically, the project will:
- Provide support for increasing women’s leadership in political decision-making, establishing a cadre of interested, diverse and capable women to run for political office at the local level, increasing solidarity and gender equality awareness among women from different political affiliations and with women from outside government, advancing the national and policy legal framework and strengthening gender-sensitive governance at the local level;
- Promote women’s leadership and influence in the private sector;
- Strengthen the engagement of men political and corporate leaders in advancing gender equality;
- Work with current and future media professionals and media outlets to advance the non-stereotypical portrayal of women in media as political and business leaders and,
- Practice gender-sensitive practices internally and externally.
Geographic coverage: Europe and Central Asia Türkiye
Subject areas: Decision-making Economic empowerment Gender equality and women’s empowerment Gender stereotypes Governance and national planning Leadership and political participation Media leadership Political empowerment
Resource type(s): Briefs Project/programme reports
UN Women office publishing: Turkey Country Office
Number of pages
Publishing entity/ies: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)