Call for Applications: Small Grants for Women’s Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and Women-Led CSOs under the ‘Strengthening civil society capacities and multi-stakeholder partnerships to advance women’s rights and gender equality in Turkey’ Project
UN Women in Turkey plans to award several Small Grants to eligible civil society organizations (CSOs) in the range of USD 2,500 to USD 30,000. Small Grants are intended exclusively to finance a limited range of eligible activities to support the development or strengthening of women’s CSOs and women-led CSOs’ institutional capacities. UN Women invites eligible applicants to submit Small Grants applications for the eligible activities, as elaborated in this advertisement.
This Call for Applications is launched within the framework of the “Strengthening civil society capacities and multi-stakeholder partnerships to advance women’s rights and gender equality in Turkey” (short name- ‘Strong Civic Space for Gender Equality’) project implemented by UN Women Turkey with the financial support of the European Union.
UN Women will solicit applications for Small Grants from women’s CSOs and women-led CSOs legally registered and operating in Turkey working in at least one of the following fields:
- Ending all forms of discrimination against all women and girls, including those facing multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination.
- Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation.
- Eliminating all harmful practices, such as child, early and forced marriages.
- Women’s unpaid care and domestic work.
- Women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels, including in the private sector.
- Women’s economic empowerment.
- Women’s access to enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology.
- Advocating for sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality, women’s rights and women’s empowerment.
- Women’s access to justice.
- Engagement of men, boys and youth in gender equality.
- Women’s participation and leadership in sports.
- Women’s poverty.
- Advancing the rights of women with vulnerabilities including but not limited to women with disabilities, migrant women, vulnerable groups of elderly women and Roma women as well as their access to human rights mechanisms and intergovernmental processes.
- Advancing women’s engagement in rural development.
- Empowering women with disabilities.
- Women and girls’ effective participation, influence and leadership in building sustainable peace and security, including through mediation.
- Advancing women’s and girls’ leadership, participation and equally benefiting from all aspects of climate change action, environmental and disaster risk reduction.
- Advancing women’s and girls’ participation and equally benefiting from humanitarian action.
- Production, analysis and dissemination of gender data and statistics for evidence-based advocacy and policy making.
- Gender-sensitive journalism and media.
[EXTENDED] Application deadline: 22 April 2022, Turkey midnight time.
E-mail address for applications: [ Click to reveal ]
*** An online information meeting was organized for potential applicants on 21 March 2022. Please click here to view the presentation from the information meeting. ***