The economic and social impact of COVID-19 on women and men: Rapid gender assessment of COVID-19 implications in Turkey
This publication reflects the findings of a rapid gender assessment of immediate social and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on women and men in Turkey to deliver a more accurate picture of the consequences of the COVID-19 crisis on women and men, to make their distinct and changing needs and priorities visible, and to inform gender-sensitive and effective decision-making and response. It looks into the following issues:
- Source of information regarding the outbreak,
- Change of employment situation and household resources,
- Division of labor in the household,
- Health issues and access to basic services,
- Experiences of discrimination and domestic violence.