UN system coordination
Globally, UN Women works through high-level UN inter-agency bodies to promote the integration of gender perspectives in UN-wide policies. On the regional level, UN Women and UN regional commissions assist efforts to uphold agreed gender equality norms.
The UN Women Multi-County Office engages with other UN entities through UN country teams, gender theme groups, and joint programmes throughout the UN development assistance frameworks (UNDAF).
In Kazakhstan, UN Women participates with UNDP, UNICEF, UNESCO, UNFPA, UNHCR and WHO in two UN joint programmes working on socio-economic modernization and sustainable development in the Kyzylorda and Mangystau regions of the country.
Also in close cooperation with the UN country team (UNCT) and national partners, UN Women works to implement Turkmenistan’s National Action Plan on Gender Equality.
UN Women MCO Kazakhstan (Central Asia) is also an active in these key areas:
- Leads UN gender theme groups in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan; and participates in the human rights and gender theme group in Turkmenistan
- Leads and coordinates UNCT efforts on gender mainstreaming, including work on domestic violence and the nationalization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Coordinates UNCT efforts on reporting on CEDAW, as well as UNCT gender mainstreaming of the UNDAF and UNPFD
- Conducts training on gender mainstreaming and gender scorecard exercise; leads the conduct of the gender score exercise in the UNCTs.
- Member of the Rapid Emergency Assessment and Coordination Team (REACT) in Tajikistan.